Tuesday, January 20, 2009
10 Ways President Obama Can Create Jobs
1) Give tax credits for direct investments in private companies not funds or public companies.
2) Give tax credits for companies who make cash acquisitions and create liquidity for shareholders to restart the capital cycle.
3) Open up the IPO markets by reducing restrictions on companies to go public creating liquidity for shareholders which eventually cycles back to new companies.
4) Create a new Securities Exchange Commission that is willing to legitimately combat securities fraud and will bring back old short selling and uptick rules.
5) Give money to smaller regional banks and VC focused banks who can smartly lend money (debt) to companies who are creating innovation and jobs.
6) Encourage more government based Venture Capital funds (equity) to invest in companies who can help government harness the benefits of technology and become more transparent.
7) Give tax credits for hiring U.S. based staff
8) Reduce government regulations on big business monopolistic behavior stifling start-up innovation: Telecommunications, Energy, Biotech, Automotive, Media.
9) Demand more transparency from all financial vehicles who create jobs: private equity, venture capital and those that destroy jobs: hedge funds.
10) Weed out the government bureaucrats and lobbyist who waste tax payer money.
How About Some QE for Venture Capital?
We get emails daily from ad networks or people who say they are an ad network offering solutions to raise CPM's. As a small publish...
This chart alone should tell you how much impact the Federal Reserve has on the overall economy. The Fed can obviously influence banker...
Angel investing in startups is probably the most challenging form of private equity there is. Having been involved with the Tech Coast Ang...
Map of Google search terms on election day: Long wait times, provisional ballots, inactive voter status, voter intimidation, voting machin...
Google Domains & Google Apps for Business Billing is Confusing I have been using Google domains for over 2 years and gladly pay $1...
There is an argument to be made the Apple's $319 billion dollar market cap and its' publishing, advertising, software, retail and ve...
Was The 2010 Election Job Creation Data Manipulated Also? 2012 Pre-Election Employment Participation Rate Suddenly Dropped ...
This is a story of my first channel crossing on a paddleboard in the Catalina Classic race Sunday, August, 29 2010. 32 miles of open oc...
Did Eric Schmidt fail to consummate an important acquisition of Groupon that prompted the change? I personally am happy that Google did not...
How Much Is Pandora Cannibalizing iTunes Sales? I am happy to hear that Pandora announced a $100M IPO today after being rejected by hun...